Saturday, August 8, 2015

Anna's Fanart List

Hey everyone! Anna here. As a follow-up to Erin's post on her favorite fanfics, I'm posting ten of my favorite fanart pieces. I have tried to include a lot of fandoms and artwork. There are a ton of amazing pieces for each fandom, I just picked out ones that spoke to me. Be sure drop a comment here if you like these posts. Thanks for coming! 
(The artwork is arranged in no particular order)

1. To start out the list, I would like to present to you this mind blowing piece of Star Wars art by EddieHolly on DeviantArt (click to enlarge)
Look at this. LOOK AT IT. Isn't it AMAZING?! I love the color scheme, detail, and the feeling in this piece.

2. On a different note, it's my pleasure to show you this soft painting of Esmerelda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Created by Alicexz at Deviantart
The lighting, expression and character of this painting is wonderful. Esmerelda doesn't get much recognition these days, but this artwork really does her justice.

3. This next piece, by Daniel Kamarudin  isn't a regular recreation of Iron Man, but it is stunning.
Incredible, isn't it? I love how this art is unique and dark, but the subject is still recognizable.

4. Okay, time to bring some sadness in. Here is a lovely painting by Alexandarcho at Deviantart.
Merlin was such a great series and I love the quote used here and the different style of painting.

5. If you're a Lord of the Rings fan, you should adore this painting by Kinko-White.
Can't you just see the magic in this artwork? I feel Galadriel was accurately and beautifully presented here. I especially love the mystical feel to it.

6. From the Legend of Korra series, I present to you this phenomenal picture of Korra wielding the elements, by Fabianmonk on Deviantart
The AVATAR STATE!! Isn't this painting marvelous?

7. Let's not forget the beauty that can be found in simple sketches though, like this one by Jef Murray of King Tirian and the unicorn Jewel, for those of you who have read The Chronicles of Narnia series. If you haven't, here's an awesome picture of a man and a unicorn.

8. This picture is from one of my most recent fandoms, Percy Jackson and The Olympians/The Heroes of Olympus. This picture is of LEO VALDEZ (!!!!!!!!), by Hanelizel.

 Unfortunately, Hanelizel's tumblr is nowhere to be found. If you know where the artwork has gone to, please let me know so I can link this piece of sensational work!

9. Another Percy Jackson piece, (I know, I know, but this was so jaw-dropping I had to post it) depicting Annabeth and Percy's fall into Tartarus (oh, the pain). It's in movie-poster style, done by Makana-Obie.
Needless to say, if that was an actual movie poster, I would be first in line to see it.

10. Our final picture is actually a collage of paintings by Bryana Johnson. With the lyrics to 'The Edge of Night' on it, and small paintings of different moments in LotR, it is truly breathtaking.

So that's it! Ten of my favorite fanart pieces. Hope you like them, even though I was not able to post all the fanart I am in love with.
 Let us know in the comments what you think of us so far!

(I would like to say that I am not endorsing any of the artists listed here. I simply wish to give them full credit for their work, but have not screened the rest of their pieces. Thank you.)







No comments:

Post a Comment