Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A Moment of Appreciation For: Sherlock Holmes

Hello, friends! Today, I want to bring to your attention the very under-appreciated Sherlock Holmes fandom.
And not the BBC Sherlock fandom; the original Sir Arthur Conan Doyle books. Those hardly get talked about, and they're brilliant.
If you haven't read them, read them as soon as you can. True, it will make you dissatisfied with much of the modern Sherlock material, but they are very well written and very interesting.
Anyway, I am going to bring you some quotes to show you the reasons I love original Sherlock.

The little bits of profoundness.


Sherlock's wit.


Okay, aren't quotes, but still a reason to read; 
The lovely feeling of reading stories of other times.



You know you will be borrowing some of Sherlock's words to sound sophisticated.




That one moment when Sherlock appeared to be a little human.

Well, I'll stop now. There are wonderful mysteries I could unfold for you, daring escapades I long to relate to you, but I my purpose was to give you a taste for the original books, and to inspire you to read them yourself. 
Don't want to buy them? 
They are in the public domain, which means there are plenty of free eBooks floating around, and they will almost certainly have some of the adventures at your local library.
We are fandom bloggers, but we are bookworms as well, and we wanted to share it with you. You know what? I've inspired myself to go reread them, so I'm going to get started on that....
Until the next post.

Like this? Dislike it? Drop a comment and let us know.

[Dance Out The Feels does not claim rights to these photos, quotes, or any Sherlock Holmes related material. All rights to their original owners.]
















No comments:

Post a Comment